Security culture is not only about avoiding phishing, or setting strong passwords. Security culture also includes communication with others, and when communicating, we often find ourselves in a negotiation. Have you ever failed utterly at a negotiation, and later considered that perhaps differences in cultures was at play?
In this HBR video, you can learn how different cultures impacts how we negotiate, what is acceptable social behavior during negotiation, and how trust is built.
Should you prefer to, you may read the HBR article too, it is in-depth with nice examples.
How do you see culture creates barriers for security culture in your organisation? How can you use your new knowledge of culture and trust to break down those barriers?
* Ron Knode Service Award by the Cloud Security Alliance
* NCI Fellow at the National Cybersecurity Institute in Washington DC
* JCI ITF #132
* Amazon Bestselling Author
Author/editor of the success books:
* Build a Security Culture, IT-Governance 2015
* Protecting our Future (Chapter: Cybersecurity in International Perspective), Hudson Whitman 2013
* The Cloud Security Rules (Editor, author), The Roer Group 2012
* The Leaders Workbook, The Roer Group 2010
Latest posts by Kai Roer (see all)
- Volunteer position: Webmaster - July 11, 2017
- Security Culture Person of the Year Award 2017 goes to… - June 29, 2017
- Interview with Wolfgang Goerlich on Security Culture - February 8, 2016