Culture, and thus security culture, is quickly picking up interest and speed in the corporate world. This is great news for anyone who set out to build security culture: you now have the ears of the board and the management!
According to Josh Bersin, a HR and management analyst and a columnist at Forbes, culture has become a must-have in organizations after the economy is picking up speed. In this article (http://www.forbes.com/sites/joshbersin/2015/03/13/culture-why-its-the-hottest-topic-in-business-today), Josh explores some data that supports his claim, and looks at several research projects that show a clear interest in culture across organizations.
According to Josh, the culture-measurement and assessment industry is already a multi-billion USD industry – which is great news for you when you set out to build and maintain security culture – there are a number of tools and people you can work with to enhance your own! Your best friend for building culture is the Security Culture Framework, the free and open framework to build, measure and maintain security culture in any organizations.
* Ron Knode Service Award by the Cloud Security Alliance
* NCI Fellow at the National Cybersecurity Institute in Washington DC
* JCI ITF #132
* Amazon Bestselling Author
Author/editor of the success books:
* Build a Security Culture, IT-Governance 2015
* Protecting our Future (Chapter: Cybersecurity in International Perspective), Hudson Whitman 2013
* The Cloud Security Rules (Editor, author), The Roer Group 2012
* The Leaders Workbook, The Roer Group 2010
Latest posts by Kai Roer (see all)
- Security Culture Framework Forum moved to LinkedIn Groups - 15/11/2018
- Security Culture Framework recommended by ENISA - 10/02/2018
- Volunteer position: Webmaster - 11/07/2017